Theatre by the River
Theatre by the River (TBTR) was formed in 2005 with a mandate to produce artistically provocative, socially relevant and financially accessible theatre. Shows are intimate, minimalist, entertaining, but above all urgently relevant. Theatre by the River seeks to connect -- artists to their craft, individuals to their fellow audience members, and audiences to their place in the unfolding story of human existence.
- 2014 - Cock & Bull by Mike Bartlett, directed by Rodrigo Beilfuss
- 2014 - The Cherry Orchard by Anton Chekhov, directed by Suzie Martin (a co-production with Little Echo Theatre)
- 2013 - 7 Stories by Morris Panych, directed by Simon Miron
- 2012 - Lungs by Duncan MacMillan, directed by Rodrigo Beilfuss
- 2011 - Generous by Michael Healey, directed by Rodrigo Beilfuss with Matthew TenBruggencate
- 2011 - Autobahn by Neil Labute, directed by Cory Wreggit and James Firby
- 2010 - One Good Marriage by Sean Reycraft, directed by James Firby (also produced at the 2011 Toronto Fringe Festival
- 2010 - Habitat by Judith Thompson, directed by Arne MacPherson
- 2009 - Saint Joan by George Bernard Shaw, directed by Debbie Patterson
- 2008 - Billy Bishop Goes To War by John MacLachlan Gray & John Peterson
- 2008 - The Bush-Ladies by Molly Thom, directed by Hope McIntyre
- 2007 - Oedipus Rex by Sophocles, directed by Matthew TenBruggencate
- 2007 - The History of Theatre by Brent Hirose, Mel Marginet & Matthew TenBruggencate, devised theatre creation
- 2007 - The Two Gentlemen of Verona by Shakespeare, directed by Vicky McMahon
- 2006 - The Comedy of Errors by Shakespeare, directed by Matthew TenBruggencate
- 2006 - The Elfin Knight, directed by Shannon Guile
Theatre by the River is composed of an artistic company and is governed by a board of directors.
Current company members are:
Wine & Words
Theatre by the River hosts an annual fundraiser, Wine & Words, which features not-yet-published writings from coast to coast presented by professional actors and local celebrities.