Quincy Armorer is a Canadian Artistic Director and has worked professionally as an actor, director, instructor and administrator for several years.
Education and Work Experience
He studied in the Theatre Department at Concordia University and at the Birmingham Conservatory for Classical Theatre at the Stratford Festival. Quincy has be working in Canadian theatre for 20 years. As an actor, he has worked at several theatres across the country, including 2 seasons at the Stratford Festival, 5 seasons at the St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival, Centaur Theatre, Geordie Productions, Shakespeare by the Sea, Repercussion Theatre and the National Arts Centre, where he was a member of the 2015-16 English Ensemble. He was was the coordinator and an instructor for the YouthWorks training program at BTW in Montreal, and in 2005 became Associate Artistic Director before being named Artistic Director, a position he has held since August 2011. He is an instructor at Queen's University teaching Drama courses in performance.
- Orsino in Twelfth Night (NAC)
- George in Intimate Apparel (Centaur)
- Michael in The Adventures of a Black Girl in Search of God (NAC/Centaur) in association with Black Theatre Workshop (BTW)
- Two seasons with the Stratford Festival
- Romeo and Juliet, Condoville, Tiger’s Heart (Centaur Theatre)
- A Common Man’s Guide to Loving Women, New Canadian Kid (Black Theatre Workshop)
- Four seasons with the St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival (SLSF)
- The Iliad, The Odyssey, The Jungle Book, Beethoven Lives Upstairs (Geordie Productions)
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Repercussion Theatre)
- The Fantasticks (Piggery Theatre)
- Two summers with Shakespeare by the Sea
- Meta Award for Best Actor for The Adventures of a Black Girl in Search of God (Centaur Theatre Company & the National Arts Centre, in association with Black Theatre Workshop) (2015-16)
On The Map