Poiema Productions is an Edmonton-based theatre company founded in 2009. As a company, Poiema hopes to enlighten, enliven and entertain through original works. They strive to use art and theatre to bring awareness to important issues in our world and community.
About the Company
Poiema Productions is an Edmonton-based theatre company founded in 2009 by Candice Fiorentino, Melissa Blackwood, Brianne Jang and Sara Vickruck. The company is composed of a very diverse and ambitious group of women. All four are graduates of the Grant MacEwan University Theatre Arts Program, where they met and built a strong friendship based on laughter, love and respect. Each bring their own personal skills and individual talents to the company, making collaborative and experimental work a pleasure to create. Every member seeks to build their talents outside of the company in order to constantly improve and continue to grow. They also find great importance in working with local and emerging artists like themselves every chance they get. The four girls envisioned a company based on hard work, solid values and theatre with a purpose. Poiema is a Greek word meaning workmanship and masterpiece, both very powerful words that this company lives by.
- Anatolia Speaks by Kenneth Brown (Winnipeg Fringe, Vancouver Fringe)
- Sweet Lies by Kenneth Brown (Edmonton Fringe, The Key City Theatre)
- Fashion For Freedom in support of The George Spady Society
- Anatolia Speaks by Kenneth Brown (London Fringe, Edmonton Fringe, The Nanaimo Centre Stage, The Stage Door)
- Fashion For Freedom in support of A21
- Middleton: a folk musical by Sara Vickruck and Brianne Jang (Edmonton Fringe, The Key City Theatre)
- The Seminar by Sara Vickruck and Brianne Jang (Winnipeg Fringe, Edmonton Fringe, Victoria Fringe, Vancouver Fringe, the Key City Theatre)
- "Happily Ever After?" by Poiema Productions (Winnipeg Fringe, Edmonton Fringe, Victoria Fringe, Vancouver Fringe, the Key City Theatre)