Led by Artistic Director, Danielle Irvine, Perchance Theatre at Cupids (formerly known as New World Theatre Project) produces and presents classical theatre each summer in Cupids, Newfoundland and Labrador.
Founded as New World Theatre Project in 2010 by Geoff Adams, Aiden Flynn and Brad Hodder as part of the Cupids 400 celebrations, the inaugural season of New World Theatre Project focused on the cultural landscape of 1610. In 2014, the company re-branded as Perchance Theatre.
A breathtaking community on Newfoundland’s east coast, Cupids was the first English colony in Canada, and turned 400 years old in 2010. Built as part of the Cupids 400 celebration, Perchance Theatre’s outdoor performance space was inspired by Shakespeare’s famous Globe Theatre in London, England.
Perchance Theatre features some of the province’s best stage actors and captures stories reminiscent of John Guy’s England, particularly what the settlers might have seen, heard, or written about in 1610.
Now in its eighth season, Perchance Theatre has presented 10 productions to critical acclaim and has grown considerably. It continues to provide established and emerging artists with an environment for ensemble creation and professional development, and create unique experiences for audiences, inspired by open-air Elizabethan playhouses.
Perchance Theatre is a registered Canadian charitable organization and is incorporated provincially as a non-profit organization under the governance of a volunteer board of directors.
- 2016 - Twelfth Night, directed by Danielle Irvine
- 2016 - Romeo & Juliet, directed by Michael Waller
- 2015 - Macbeth, directed by Danielle Irvine
- 2015 - Much Ado About Nothing, directed by Jeannette Lambermont-Morey
- 2014 - The Merry Wives of Windsor, directed by Greg Malone
- 2014 - Henry V, directed by Danielle Irvine
- 2013 - Othello, directed by Alan Dilworth
- 2013 - Richard III, directed by Jeannette Lambermont-Morey
- 2012 - The Tempest, directed by Jeannette Lambermont-Morey
- 2012 - Tartuffe, directed by Jillian Keiley
- 2011 - The Merchant of Venice, directed by Jeannette Lambermont-Morey
- 2010 - A Midsummer Night's Dream
- 2010 - Caesar, directed by Brad Hodder
On The Map
Location:Cupids, Newfoundland and Labrador