Outside the March
Outside the March has been making theatre an Experience since 2009. Founded by Co-Artistic Directors Mitchell Cushman and Simon Bloom, along with core Associate Artists Amy Keating, Sebastien Heins and Katherine Cullen, they are an immersive, site-specific company who currently produce work in Toronto, Ontario. Outside the March is proud to be a Company in Residency at GENERATOR. Outside the March is on all major social media, so be sure to follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube. Also check out their website for information on their current shows.
Outside the March creates works that is:
- Immersive: We offer full theatrical experiences—personal and immediate encounters that endure.
- Site-Engaging: We transform found spaces into playgrounds of performance, as well as unearthing new possibilities within traditional theatres.
- New: We introduce local and international voices to our audiences—compelling stories that grapple with our here and now.
- Wide-Reaching: We are looking to captivate a wide range of individuals, especially audiences who might not normally find themselves in the theatre.
- Communal: We forge resonant collaborations between artists of all levels of experience and across disciplines, as well as meaningful partnerships within our community.
Since 2010, Outside the March has produced 10 full-length productions at a variety of venues including SummerWorks, a kindergarten classroom, the Royal Alexandra Theatre, and a residential house in Roncesvalles. In July 2017, Lessons in Temperament went with Soulpepper to New York City for Soulpepper on 42nd Street.
- Lessons in Temperament (2016/17) written by James Smith
- TomorrowLove (2015) written by Rosemund Small
- That Syncing Feeling (2015)
- Mr Burns: A Post-Electric Play (2015) written by Anne Washburn
- Vitals (2014) written by Rosamund Small
- Murderers Confess at Christmastime (2015) written by Jason Chinn
- Passion Play (2013) written by Sarah Ruhl
- Terminus (2012) written by Mark O'Rowe
- Mr. Marmalade (2011/12) written by Noah Haidle
- The Agony and the Ecstasy of Steve Jobs (2011/12) written by Mike Daisey
- Oh, the Humanity! (2010) written by Noah Haidle
- Vitals was the recipient of the 2014 Dora Mavor Moore Award for Outstanding Production, Outstanding New Play, and was nominated for Outstanding Direction (Mitchell Cushman), Outstanding Performance - Female (Katherine Cullen), and Outstanding Scenic Design (Anahita Dehbonehie) in the Independent Theatre Division.
- Passion Play was the recipient of the 2014 Dora Mavor Moore Award for Outstanding Performance - Ensemble, and was nominated for Outstanding Costume Design (Michelle Bailey) in the Independent Theatre Division.
- Mr. Marmalade was the recipient of the 2013 Dora Mavor Moore Award for Outstanding Production in the Independent Theatre Division.
On the Map
Name:Outside the March
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found