New play reading series
Intrepid Theatre in Victoria BC launched a New Play Reading Series in November 2014, featuring work by Victoria, Vancouver Island and Gulf Island Playwrights which was new and un-produced, or had been produced outside of Victoria.
In support of the Equity in Theatre Initiative, the first eight months of the series were devoted to work by women playwrights from the region.
Readings take place on the first Tuesday of each month at the Intrepid Theatre Club in downtown Victoria BC. Admission is by donation.
There is an open, adjudicated application process, supported by an open Actor Roster from which the readings are cast. Submissions to both are ongoing.
- Mad Lady Peel...the Funniest Woman in the World by Kirsten Van Ritzen (November)
- White Lies by Jennifer Wynne Webber (December)
- Hand of Jane by Karen Lee Pickett (February)
- The Wonderful Naked Man by Sandi Johnson (March)
- Writing as a Kind of Magic by Joy Fisher (March)
- Myrna Hardie by Sonja de Wit (June)
- The Bad Touch by Kathryn Taddei (July)