L’UniThéâtre is Alberta's only professional francophone theatre company. Artistic Director is Brian Dooley.
- L’UniThéâtre creates and promotes French theatre. L’UniThéâtre saw the day in 1992 from a merge of theThéâtre Français d’Edmonton (founded in 1968) and la Boîte à Popicos (1977). L'UniThéâtre is therefore strong of a 45 year history of French language theatre serving Edmonton and the entire province through a large variety of theatre programs. L’UniThéâtre promotes the arts through professional, educational and community theatre as well as theatre for young audience, in the French language.
- 3 participations, by invitation only, to present at the national theatre festival « Festival Zones théâtrales» in Ottawa.
- Acadian tour of an original production, « Cow-boy Poétré » - City of Edmonton Salute to Excellence Award in recognition of outstanding accomplishments in 2005.
- Canadian tour of an original production « Fort Mac », in Montreal, Ottawa, and several cities throughout Alberta, in 2007 and 2008.
- In 2013, L’UniThéâtre received the Elizabeth Sterling Haynes Award for « Outstanding Contribution to Theatre in Edmonton ».
To create and present theatrical work that reflects, engages, inspires and challenges our ever evolving community. To provide theatre experience for young people and for dedicated and passionate community members.