Good Women Dance Collective
Good Women is a registered non profit society in Edmonton, Alberta. Collective Artists work in the medium of contemporary dance. Their goal is to produce innovative and exciting choreographic works with integrity and conviction. Part of their mandate is to provide education and performance opportunities for artists working in Edmonton, as well as exposing the general public to the benefits and artistic gains that contemporary dance can provide. Good Women is committed to becoming part of, and supporting the Edmonton artistic community.
- To educate and increase the public’s understanding and appreciation of the arts by providing performances of an artistic nature in public places and by providing seminars on topics related to such performances.
- To provide instructional seminars on topics related to the performing and visual arts.
* What's Cooking? Five Year Anniversary April 27th
* Convergence November 20-22
Workshops and Training History
Good Women brings in artists from outside of Edmonton to provide workshops and masterclasses for the professional artistic community.
- Peggy Baker (Toronto) October 27-31
- Melanie Demers (Montreal) January 10-12
- Ainsley Hillyard, 2008-Present
- Alison Kause, 2008- Present
- Alida Nyquist-Schultz, 2010-Present
- Kate Stashko, 2012-Present