Eventual Ashes is a Toronto-based performing arts company that produces and presents interdisciplinary work with strong narratives and stimulates audience discussion.
Mandate & Company History
Eventual Ashes was formed in 2008. Director, playwright, composer, and video artist Gein Wong serves as the Artistic Director. Eventual Ashes creates three types of productions:
- Interdisciplinary works that incorporate multimedia and technology
- Audience interactive and immersive pieces in non-traditional performance spaces
- Pieces that combine traditional and contemporary art forms. Their productions have incorporated the work of professional theatre artists, visual artists, Chinese and Western classical musicians, rock/pop/electronic musicians, traditional Chinese and modern dancers, filmmakers, video artists, poets and performance artists.
- The Femme Playlist by Catherine Hernandez (co-production with Sulong Theatre and bcurrent theatre)
- 9 Loons (devised)
- The Way We Learn to Fold Our Souls by Gein Wong
- Hiding Words (for you) by Gein Wong
- A Song for Tomorrow by Christina Wong (Co-production with New Harlem Productions)
- Intent City (devised)
- Ocean Carving by Gein Wong
- Freaks and Geeks: The Drag Musical
- West Asia
- Salt Fish Girl 1: Hope and Forgetfulness by Gein Wong (with Little Pear Garden Collective)