Anastasia Szymanski (born October 25, 1996) is an interdisciplinary artist from Ottawa, Ontario.
Life and Career
Szymanski was born in Parry Sound, Ontario, and raised in Ottawa, Ontario. Her father, Stephen Szymanski, was raised in the Ottawa area. Her mother, Helen Szymanski, was raised in Newtonville, Ontario. Both of her parents are of Ukrainian descent, and are first generation Canadians. Szymanski currently studies theatre and film in the Stage and Screen program at Queen's University, in Kingston, Ontario.
Though Szymanski's affinity for film was spurred by her father's career (who worked as an editor and xerographer), she found her love for theatre during high school. She took part in her school's CAPPIES Critics and Awards program, having the opportunity to watch and critique student theatre, as well as participate in student theatre with her own school. Over the course of her high school career, Szymanski was nominated for, and won, several awards through the program, until her graduation in June of 2014.
Arriving at Queen's, Szymanski was faced with a far more competitive theatre scene, and took up a greater interest in film production as a means of expending creative energy while working crew roles for theatrical productions. Spanning four years, Szymanski has had the opportunity to work as a writer, director, actor, cinematographer, editor, web-designer, videographer, and makeup artist on a number of productions and films.
- Femininity in a Word (2016)
- Shadows (2017)
- The Turtleneck Society (2016) 
- Knights of the Isabel (2016)
- Macbeth(play) (2016)
- Lost Life (2016) 
- The Crucible(play) (2014)
- Macbeth(play) (2013)
- The Pink Panther(play) (2012)
- The Bachelor and the Bobby Soxer(play) (2011)
- Beat- 2017 Juvy Award for Outstanding Original Content
- Cakewalk - 2016 FOCUS Film Festival, People's Choice
- Cakewalk - 2016 FOCUS Film Festival Best Screenplay
- The Crucible - 2014 CAPPIE Award for Best Makeup
- Flood Brothers - 2017 FOCUS Film Festival, Best Cinematography
- Macbeth - 2013 CAPPIE nomination for Best Makeup
- Macbeth - 2013 CAPPIE nomination for Best Featured Actress in a Play
On The Map